Powered Cache version 2.0 has been released! The entire plugin has been refactored in this version.
It requires WordPress 5.0 and PHP 5.6 as the bare minimum.
- The vast majority of the codebase has been refactored.
- Revamped UI.
- Increased compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
- Increased multisite and domain mapping compatibility.
- New Feature: Control caching and lazy load status through the editor.
- New Feature: Page cache can create a separate cache based on the varied cookie matches.
- Redis drop-in updated.
- APCu drop-in updated. (switched to another drop-in)
- Memcache drop-in updated. (Requires PHP 5.6.20 at minimum)
- Improved: Accepted query strings recognition.
- Improved: Deletion of expired cache.
- New Feature: File Optimization – minify/combine CSS, JS, Google Fonts easily.
- New Feature: Media Optimization – Control lazyload, WordPress embeds, and emoji scripts.
- New Feature: Database Optimization – clears out all of the unnecessary data.
- Removed: Remove query string feature, no longer necessary.
- Removed: SSL Cache option. It will automatically configure the caching for both HTTP/HTTPS.
- Removed: Preloader extension. (consolidated into Preload feature)
- Removed: Minifier extension. (consolidated into File Optimization)
- Removed: Lazy-load extension. (consolidated into Media Optimization)
- Updated: Cloudflare Extension. Enter Zone ID without listing all domains.
- New Feature: Heartbeat Extension. Manage the frequency of the WordPress Heartbeat API.
- Updated: File export/import format. (now it uses JSON)
- Tested with WordPress 5.8 and Multisite.
- Several bug fixes and improvements.
In order to get the benefits of these new features, highly recommended to update it ASAP.